ATS, or Applicant Tracking System
Usually, the companies have one of three setups:
- No ATS, just excel sheets
- Purchased subscription for an external product
- Custom written system
What’s better? It’s hard to say. Of course, the custom software is tailor-made for your needs and requests. Commercial products can be difficult to customize. In simple words, you choose either to fit your processes into a product OR create a product which will fit into your processes, whatever is easier and more cost effective.
If you’re choosing the commercial ATS, pay attention to these aspects:
– Search. Should be convenient
– Data migration to the system and vice versa. Should be easy
– Flexible customization. Easier when your in-house team is developing it
– Integration with external services: accounting tools, HR, systems and Job Boards..
– Automation of manual routine tasks
– Modern UI, good usability
– Mobile version
– Responsive customer support
– Adequate value for the price
Tools and technologies. Starting with basic email clients to more complicated sourcing tools, job boards, performance enhancement instruments.