Automatic monitoring system for drainage appliances
One of the world’s leading manufacturers of indoor and outdoor drainage appliances
Our VP of Biz Dev George got your message and will get back to you as soon as possible. Usually, 1-2 days. Have a cup of joe and read more of our stories ;)
A Germany-based company that is the leader in engineering and manufacturing of photovoltaic (PV) modules and system components and which also operates large-scale solar plants.
The customer is a Germany-based company that manufactures photovoltaic (PV) modules and system components and operates large-scale solar plants.
Each solar plant is a complex engineering facility, and the monitoring of plant performance is necessary. It could be the most efficient if the measurements were taken at the source of the electrical energy—PV module. Our client decided to create the hardware and software for such measurements and partnered with Brightgrove.
Challenges we’ve faced included:
• Design and engineer the hardware components, such as sensors, string servers, connection boxes, and junctions.
• Automate the Quality Assurance process, using testing and DevOps tools.
• Overcome several restrictions related to the development of sensors for such application:
– The cost of the sensor must be extremely low because it is added to the PV-module cost;
– The cost of the monitoring equipment and installation efforts must be kept low;
– Highest measurement precision should be maintained while working in an outdoor environment.
After we analyzed the system requirements, problem domains, and our partner’s expertise, we assembled a dedicated team of senior engineers with the required skill sets.
Our team built a pioneering DC power line communication (PLC) technology that received several patents. We implemented this technology at all stages, from theoretical investigations to principal and hardware scheme through hardware design and programming.
We created a set of cost-effective hardware for monitoring and data gathering, with:
Automation of production QA process allowed us to achieve complete traceability of every device.
4 largest solar plants in Europe use the created unique components in their facilities. The customer expanded their product line with the set of unique hardware devices and extended their services, which led to the increase of sales.
We continue to work together, providing all administrative and office infrastructure services to the dedicated team.